Why Choose an Apprenticeship?

An Apprenticeship is a fantastic route if you’re looking to combine a skills-based education with earning a workplace wage and getting on-the-job experience.

You’ll develop your talents and gain new qualifications while learning from both expert tutors and experienced colleagues.

No matter your age or your current skillset, it’s a great route for anyone who’s enthusiastic, eager to learn and determined to forge a path into a long and fruitful career.

Student in Engineering workshop, Middleton

What is an Apprenticeship?

Apprenticeships are structured programmes in which you gain industry-specific skills. They are designed with employers, who in turn pay your wages while you both work for them and train at Hopwood Hall.

You can expect to spend 80% of your time ‘on-the-job’, while the other 20% of your time will be spent ‘off-the-job’ developing new skills at the college.

Upon completion of your Apprenticeship, you’ll gain a recognised qualification that’s valued by employers and will enhance your prospects for career progression.

Catering students baking bread, Rochdale

What are the benefits of completing an Apprenticeship?

Through being an apprentice you’ll be able to grow and gain the skills needed by your employer. It’s a brilliant way to show your commitment to the sector, introduce new skills to your workplace and prove your value to a business.

You’ll be paid a wage for your work, but just as importantly you’ll gain increased future earning potential and excellent progression opportunities through the completion of your Apprenticeship.

Middleton Campus
Rochdale Road, Middleton
Manchester, M24 6XH
0161 643 7560
Rochdale Campus
St. Mary’s Gate
Rochdale, OL12 6RY
01706 345 346