Curriculum Specialist - IT Support
To demonstrate skills, to instruct and support learners and staff in practical teaching workshops.
- 1. To provide direct support to learners and staff engaged in workshop activities.
- 2. To provide staff training on specific equipment and software programmes and to act as a technical advisor to staff.
- 3. Prepare classroom/workshop activities, ensuring all materials and equipment are prepared in readiness for practical sessions and the retrieval of such equipment and tools.
- 4. Provide a storekeeping service and be responsible for the security of all equipment and tools.
- 5. Maintain and repair specialist equipment to keep it in good working order and safe condition, assist with practical classes in demonstrations and support student project work, contribute to programme team development.
- 6. Be flexible in supporting the department’s requirements and cross college tasks.
- 7. Be responsible for furniture, equipment and consumable goods used in relation to work.
- 8. Preparation of open evenings setting up promotional stands and exhibition material.
- 9. Repairing and maintaining classroom computers used for practical sessions.
- 10. Regular planned maintenance and repairs of all classroom computers.
- 11. Administration of budget within the computer maintenance, games department and IT Shop.
- 12. To organise and supervise the daily operations in the IT shop and provide direct support to learners and staff engaged in IT Shop activities.
- 13. Disposal of old and faulty hardware computer components.
- 14. Cleaning of all equipment.
- 15. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- 16. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £20,419.29 - £25,563.39 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 28th September 2022
Use our online portal to apply