Facilities Apprentice - Building Maintenance
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support to craft curriculum areas within the construction department and provide apprenticeship opportunities within the craft areas.
- Undertake general house-keeping duties as required by the department, such as Removal of refuse internal / external.External cleaning of the grounds of the college, including signs and windows.To undertake porterage duties including the transportation and setting up of the furniture / equipment to meet the specified requirements.
- Maintain equipment, tools, accessories and workshop procedures as deemed necessary and under the guidance and supervision of qualified staff
- To work with staff to carry out minor repairs / decoration to college property and equipment within his / her capabilities and Health & Safety requirements.
- Work alongside staff to ensure the estate and repair works are at the highest standards.
- Assist in the installation of permanent assessment rigs within college and on any external site as may be required to complete the framework or support curriculum
- Attend any training that is deemed necessary
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: National Minimum Wage
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 27th September 2019online portal to apply