An interest in the subject area is essential as well as a good level of English. If English is not your first language you will need to be at a minimum of ESOL level 1.
This Level 2 course allows you to understand the various aspects to the Catering industry and gain valuable practical and teamwork skills and work towards the Level 3 qualification.
Topics on this course include:
- Preparation cooking and finishing of fish dishes
- Preparation cooking and finishing soups, stock & sauces
- Preparation cooking and finishing of meat dishes
- Preparation cooking and finishing of poultry dishes
- Preparation cooking and finishing of vegetable dishes
- Principles of preparing cooking and finishing basic pastry products
- Maintain a safe hygienic environment
- Customer care
- Health & Safety and teamwork
Work experience is not mandatory, but you will benefit from completing work experience in industry.
Upon completion of this course, you can progress onto any of the Level 3 catering courses.