You must have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical theory and science principles. Book Required - BS:7672 18thEdition Regulations AMD 2 (brown book).
Units on this course include:
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS7671
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- Understand requirements of Protection for safety for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for Selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of Inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
- Prosumers installations and Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671
What Is Involved in Studying This Course?
This level will suit you if you are a practising electrician with specific qualifications, who needs to update your certification to meet the latest edition of the IET Wiring Regulations. Alternatively, you're a newly qualified electrician who needs to gain this certificate.
This course is available as a full qualification. Learners will complete one core unit:
- Requirements for electrical installations update to BS 7671: 2018.
APL is available for those who have completed specific units under 2357 and 5357. Please refer to the rules of achievement for 2382-78 for further details.
Not applicable. The College cannot provide any work experience routes for this qualification (please see entry requirements).
Learners who hold this qualification may wish to progress onto:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Initial Verification (2391-50)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection (2391-51)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing (2391-52)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification (2346-03)
What careers can this course lead to?
The Certificate is essential for all practising electricians or those who haven't achieved a qualification against the last amendment of the 17th edition. It could also lead to a career as an inspector or surveyor. You could move on to qualifications in Inspection, Testing, Design and Certification of Electrical Installations (2392).