FREE ONLINE COURSES
Our FREE online courses give you the perfect opportunity to grow and add to your skillset at a time and place most suited to you.
Fully funded for those aged 19 +, the courses are designed to give you access to bite-sized information that can be used as a perfect stepping stone in both your personal and professional life. You can also rest-assured that it’s a safe and secure way to learn during these uncertain times.
The knowledge and skills that you will attain have real potential to open doors for you in your career. You will receive a virtual certificate on completion of your course, which you will be able to download immediately. Your newfound abilities could make you stand out more in your current role or even propel you into an entirely new job. There really are no limits to what can be achieved!
The online courses vary in subject and length. You do not need any previous qualifications to undertake a course and they are suitable for all abilities. Your chosen course can be undertaken at any time – giving you the chance to #KeepConnected.
Below is a taste of courses we offer, you can select your courses from our FULL LIST during the application process.
This short video/guide will walk you through the process, then use the Apply Now button to get started. Click here to download a PDF guide too.
Any problems, or need more information about any of our courses, contact VLE@hopwood.ac.uk
BACK TO BUSINESS - LEVEL 2 FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE TRAINING PACKAGE:
Ensure your staff are well prepared to reopen the doors and meet COVID-19 safety practices. Meet UK/EU training requirements for food hygiene with our City and Guilds accredited Level 2 Food Safety Hygiene course, whilst also discovering COVID-19 guidance and how to safely return to your hospitality business.
BACK TO BUSINESS - LEVEL 3 FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE TRAINING PACKAGE:
Ensure your supervisors; head chefs and managers are well prepared for when you are able to welcome customers back to your food business. Discover Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene, COVID-19 Training and Reopening Your Business in The Hospitality Sector training to ensure the safety of your workforce and customers.
CARBON LITERACY KNOWLEDGE:
Examine the science behind climate change. Completing this course will help you understand how our climate is changing and learn more about your role in taking action!
Leadership and Management
- An introduction to Leadership
- Management and Leadership Styles
- Managing a Team
- Safer Recruitment
- Developing a High Performing Team
- Positive Attitudes and Behaviours
- Safeguarding and Leadership
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Health & Safety
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Training
- First Aid: Primary Survey
- Risk Assessment in the Workplace
- Awareness of Health and Safety at Work
- Fire Safety Training
- Manual Handling in the Workplace
- Working at Heights
- Food Allergy Awareness and Level 2 Food Hygiene Training Package
- Level 1 Food Hygiene, Fire Safety and First Aid Training Package
- Cyber Security Awareness
- Working from Home: A Guide for Employees
- Leading Remote Teams
- Performance Management for Remote Teams
- Maintaining Team Culture for Remote Teams
- Motivating Remote Teams
- Communicating with Remote Teams
- Managing Remote Teams
- An Introduction to Infection Prevention and Control
- Safe Sleeping for Babies - Reducing the Risk of SIDS
- Toxic Trio (Hidden Harm, Parental Mental Health, Parental Substance Misuse)
- FGM (Abuse Linked to Faith or Belief)
- Infection Prevention & Control (Non-Clinical)
- Infection Prevention & Control (Clinical)
- Prevent Covid-19
- Managing Stress in Health and Social Care
- Statutory & Mandatory Training: Basic Life Support (Non-Clinical)
Digital and IT
- Digital Marketing Training
- Social Media Marketing
- Managing Your Professional Digital Profile
- Microsoft Office 2016
- An Introduction to GDPR
- Commercial Acumen and Awareness
- Home Deliveries for Food Businesses
- Setting Up Your Food Business for Delivery - Employer's Guide
- Completing Application Forms
Health and Well-being
- Developing a Personal Development Plan.
- Get Moving, Get Healthy
- Understanding Young Minds
- Self-Assessment & Action Planning for Employability
- An Introduction to the Autism Spectrum
- Mental Health Awareness
- Promoting Emotional and Spiritual Well-Being
- Pre-Tenancy Training for New Tenants
- LGBTQ Awareness
TRAINING FOR YOUR WORKFORCE?
Bespoke packages can be tailored to arrange for businesses to access training for their employees at a time and place suited to your business. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the Apply Now button to register your interest. Email VLE@hopwood.ac.uk if you need any help.