Level 3 Diploma in Sport with FootballApply Now
If you have a passion and talent for football then this is the place for you. Established in 2000, Hopwood Hall Football Academy has produced huge amounts of successful alumni. Over the years we have won over 40 trophies both locally and overseas. The academy has outstanding on site facilities and we run annual overseas residentials.
We are now delighted to have entered a new partnership with Paris Saint-Germain Academy England. Paris Saint-Germain Academy England is dedicated to developing players of all abilities. Fitness, health, wellbeing and nutrition are fundamental parts within the Academy. Each coach is specially trained in the Paris Saint-Germain methodology so that our students learn the PSG way!
The sessions are devised by the club’s technical staff and follow the Paris Saint-Germain playing philosophy, while adapting the position and level of each player. As a student at Hopwood Hall College you become part of the Paris Saint-Germain family and will play the same way as the youth and first team setup in Paris.
The goal of the partnership is to not only develop the football players but also ensure that each individual’s educational targets are achieved. The Football Academy is run by qualified, highly respected and well-known professional coaches who know how to bring out the best in you. Please note that competitive fixtures mean that students must be under 19 at the start of the course.
This course is taught at our Middleton campus, located in Middleton, Greater Manchester.
WE’VE ACHIEVED OUR SUCCESS THROUGH:
- Employing UEFA ‘A’ or ‘B’ Licenced Coaches. Our Head Coach has over 15 years’ experience with the college alongside his work as a Coach Educator with the Lancashire FA.
- A tutorial programme which focuses on the needs of students and helps them to progress to their next step with a combination of football training sessions, lectures and lessons throughout the academic year.
- State of the art facilities such as our 3G pitch and award winning sports fields. We’ve also a fully equipped weights room, gym and indoor training facilities.
- Providing extra help such as a bursary for those with low household incomes to help with travel, food and other costs.
- Setting high standards and doing everything to ensure our students achieve the highest grades they can.
- Being committed to the development of all its players with four teams from 1st Team (Elite) to 4th Team (Development/Recreational) to meet all needs and abilities.
JOIN OUR WINNING TEAM
Our football academy have produced a numerous sports stars in the past 20 years, such as West Ham centre half, Craig Dawson and former Brighton, Sunderland and Watford winger, Will Buckley. With ex-professionals employed to teach and coach, plus partnerships with Paris Saint-Germain Academy England and Rochdale AFC, Hopwood Hall students have a unique opportunity to learn from the very best, and in some cases train with their first team.
Pearsons BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport QCF
In order to begin this course, learners need to have achieved a minimum of 4 GCSEs grade C/4 or above to include English and Mathematics.
Other entry requirements that are accepted are a BTEC Level 2 qualification, NVQ Level 2 or VRQ Level 2.
The football academy is run by qualified, highly respected and well-known professional coaches who have developed a unique training programme which includes specialist advice on nutritional, sports therapy, sports psychology and skills development.
Competitive fixtures mean that you must be under 19 at the start of the course.
Topics on these courses include:
- Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- Sports coaching
- Practical team sports
- Sports nutrition
- Psychology for sports performance
- Fitness training and programming
- Sports leadership
- Organising sports events
- Injury in sport
There is no specific work experience required or undertaken for this course however, you will obtain the skills and knowledge that they need in order to progress into a career in the Football/Sports industry. There is also an opportunity to travel around different countries in Europe, competing in Cups.
Following the completion of this course, learners are able to progress onto a Higher Education/Degree programme or into employment.