BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computer ScienceApply Now
Why Choose Hopwood Hall College to Study Computer Science
We believe that at its core computer science is about problem solving, an essential life skill in any career. You will study the design, development and analysis of software and hardware used to solve problems in a variety of business, scientific and social contexts.
Within our BTEC Computer Science course, there is a strong focus on software development. You will learn how to develop innovative programs and web applications ranging from mobile games to fully functioning websites. You will also receive first-hand experience in troubleshooting computer problems and using network hardware and network simulation software to design, build, and fault-find on networks.
Why study computer science?
- Computer science is vital to the UK and worldwide economies
- The digital age need computer scientists
- Computer Science students have excellent work and academic prospects
- Computer scientists are needed in many large industries such as; Aerospace, Chemical and Pharmaceutical, Computer Software, Medicine, Defence, Education and Energy
Everything from online shopping, film and digital music production, to mobile communications, satellite navigation and computer games rely on computer science skills and understanding.
Pearsons BTEC Extended Diploma in IT
4 GCSEs grade C/4 or above to include English and Mathematics. BTEC Level 2, NVQ Level 2 or VRQ Level 2 qualifications are also accepted.
The Level 3 BTEC Computer Science program at Hopwood Hall College provides opportunities to develop your practical skills and understanding of computers and computing.
Together with our technicians and lecturers, you will have opportunities to combine your creative ideas with our software and hardware to experiment and learn/develop first class technology solutions.
Our modules are consistently updated to keep up with industry standards. These include:
- Software Development and Programming
- Website Design and Development
- IT Computer Hardware and Software
- Computer Networking
- Technology Systems and Security
By completing the BTEC Level 3 Complete Science, you should have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of computers and Computer Science. This will provide you with the next step to progress and study a degree at university or an advanced apprenticeship.
A range of degree choices are available following the completion of the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computer Science, options include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Architecture and Engineering
- Cyber Security and Cryptography
- Computer Science
- Computer Networks
- Computer Graphics and Visualisation
- Computer Forensics and Hacking
- Website Design and Multimedia
- Software Engineering