Level 3 Diploma in Professional CookeryApply Now
Are you an experienced professional chef ready to take your cooking skills to the next level? This qualification allows you to step up your cooking standards to a higher level. You will develop vital skills in food safety, hygiene and teamwork as well as upskilling in a range of practical units, anything from cooking fish dishes to baking complex hot desserts.
On this course, you will be taught by staff who have extensive industry experience gained from working in some of the country’s top restaurants and hotels.
Culinary and service skills will be developed in our industry standard professional kitchens, which are the largest in the North West, and the college bistros. Theory classes will underpin your skill development in preparation for employment in Hospitality and Catering.
This course is taught at our Rochdale campus, located in the Rochdale Town Centre of Greater Manchester.
City & Guilds Level 3 in Professional Cookery
This qualification is suitable for you if you have worked in or are still employed in a professional kitchen, or you have a Level 2 qualification in Hospitality.
This Level 3 course allows you to understand the various aspects to the Hospitality and Catering industry and gain valuable practical and teamwork skills and work towards employment in the Hospitality and Catering industry.
Topics on this course include:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Prepare fish for complex dishes
- Prepare meat for complex dishes
- Prepare poultry for complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex fish dishes
- Cook and finish complex meat dishes
- Cook and finish complex poultry dishes
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex soups
- Prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts
We recommend that you find work in the industry either paid or voluntary whilst studying this qualification to develop your employability skills.
This qualification is ideal if you are aiming for a supervisory role in a kitchen or you want to learn and develop new skills to enhance your career development.