Level 3 Award in Food Safety in CateringApply Now
The Level 3 in Supervising Food Safety in Catering will give Chefs and Managers the tools to be able to manage their catering establishment ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application of monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
The course topics will include:
1.How to comply with food safety legislation including the importance of implementing food safety management procedures;
2.How to monitor good personal hygiene practices of their employees and the training and competency requirements to maintain high standards within their catering operation;
3.Good practice for keeping work areas clean, hygienic and free from pests, contamination, microbiology and temperature control;
4.Implementing food safety management procedures on a daily basis.
This qualification is to support a role in the workplace and give learners personal growth and engagement in learning. The qualification is designed for learners who are at, or wish to progress to, a higher or supervisory level within a food catering business.
The full cost of this course is £295. Loans for course fees may be available for eligible learners. This course runs 9 am - 4 pm over three days from the 6th to the 9th April 2020.
Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
To register on to this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above.
It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent.
All centres are required to ensure that each learner’s identification is checked before they undertake the assessment. Highfield Qualifications recommends the following as proof of a learner’s identity:
• a valid passport (any nationality) • a signed UK photocard driving licence • a valid warrant card issued by HM forces or the police • another photographic ID card, e.g. employee ID card, student ID card, travel card etc.
This is a three day course, 21 hours long. The cost is £295.
This qualification will enable successful candidates to:
- Understand the requirements for ensuring compliance with food safety legislation;
- Explain the requirements for induction and ongoing training of employees to ensure competency in personal hygiene;
- Outline actions required for pest control; cleaning; disinfection and waste disposal;
- Monitor good practice regarding contamination; microbiology and temperature control;
- Apply a food safety management system into a food business and communicate methods and procedures for verifying food safety controls within their own catering environment from purchase to service.
This qualification is assessed by an end-of-course 90 minute 45 question multiple choice exam paper achieving 27/45 60% pass mark (36/45 Distinction)
There are no work experience placements offered on this one day course.
Individuals achieving this qualification can then progress onto the Highfield Level 4 Food Safety qualifications, which are ideal for those wishing to progress to a higher or managerial level within a food catering business.