Level 2 Diploma in Culinary SkillsApply Now
These courses are designed for those who wish to pursue a career in the hospitality and catering industry. Culinary and service skills will be developed in our contemporary licensed Riverside Restaurant, college bistros and workshops in our new training and
bakery kitchens, alongside theory classes which will underpin your development preparing you for employment in the industry. You will have the opportunity to gain lots of hands-on work experience providing you with an ideal start to your career in catering.
Level 2 Diploma in food and Beverage Service
In order to begin this course, students need to have achieved 4 GCSEs grade D/3 or above to include English and Mathematics
Topics on this course include:
- Barista skills
- Carve, fillet, joint and serve food in a food service area
- Prepare, cook and serve food in a food service area
- Prepare and serve wines
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and cold non-alcoholic beverages
- Provide advice to customers on food and beverage matching
- Supervise hospitality events
- Prepare and serve cocktails
Upon completion of this course students progress onto a Level 3 Catering programme.