Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles - Food Production and CookingApply Now
A Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles can help you secure a job in the Hospitality and Catering industry or advance your career in the sector. These qualifications are also designed to give you the underpinning knowledge that can help you achieve an apprenticeship in hospitality.
The Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles is for anyone who works or wants to work in hospitality and catering, and can be achieved within a college environment or within employment.
This level will suit you if you already have a basic level of knowledge and skills in the industry, possibly from a role where you have worked under supervision, and now you want a formal qualification that will help you progress in your hospitality career.
Course start date: 06/01/2023. This course will run for 15 weeks, 4 hours per week on Friday 9:30am-1:30pm.
Full course fees: £362.
City & Guilds level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles - Food Production and Cooking
Topics on this course include:
- 151 Safe, hygienic and secure working environments in hospitality
- 152 Effective teamwork
- 252 Food safety in catering
- 223 Principles of producing basic fish dishes
- 224 Principles of producing basic meat dishes
- 225 Principles of producing basic poultry dishes
- 226 Principles of producing basic vegetable dishes
- 227 Principles of producing basic hot sauces
- 228 Principles of producing basic rice, pulse and grain dishes
- 229 Principles of producing basic pasta dishes
- 230 Principles of producing basic bread and dough products
- 231 Principles of producing basic pastry products
- 232 Principles of producing basic cakes, sponges and scones
- 234 Principles of producing cold starters and salads
35 hours work placement
- Working within the industry as a kitchen assistant/commis chef
- Level 3 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles