T-Level in Supporting Adult NursingApply Now
Healthcare Support Workers work as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals. They will carry out well-defined routine clinical duties like monitoring an individual’s condition (by checking things like blood pressure, temperature or weight), and checking on their overall progress, comfort and wellbeing.
Your course starts with the essential knowledge and skills to work in health, including how the industry works, core scientific concepts and key regulations including managing information, health and safety and good scientific/clinical practice.
You will specialise in supporting healthcare and will focus on supporting adult nursing.
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 and above including English and Maths
All students will develop an understanding of:
- Working within the health and science sector
- The healthcare sector
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
- Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
You will undertake an industry-based work placement consisting of a minimum of 315 hours.
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
- Higher Education
- Apprenticeship (progression onto lower level apprenticeships may also be possible in some circumstances, if the content is sufficiently different)