T-Level in Education and ChildcareApply Now
Are you ready to join the technical revolution that is T-Levels?
During this two-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge and skills that underpin many jobs in early years education, childcare and teaching. This T-Level has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work. Those involved in the design include Action for Children and representatives from schools and colleges around the country.As part of this study programme, you will enhance your broader skills in literacy and numeracy, and attend tutorials and individual Development (ID) or Future Academy. All of this will be invaluable in supporting progression in other areas.
For this particular programme you will also undertake a work placement of 750 hours.
All students will develop an understanding of:
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- Child development
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Observing and assessing children and young people
- Equality and diversity
- Special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- Working with parents, carers and wider families
- Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- Reflective practice and other forms of professional development
In addition to the core content, each student will study a specialism in Early Years Education and Childcare.
Your core work will give you essential knowledge and skills relevant to any education-related occupation, including:
- Education context
- Child development
- Supporting education
- Parents and families
- Working with others
- Reflective practice
- 5 GCSE passes (grade 4 or above), including English and Maths
An industry placement will ensure you have the chance to put into practice the skills and knowledge you are studying in the classroom. Employers of all sizes are being invited to provide placements for 750 hours alongside your class learning over the two years where you will complete an employer set project.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in early years education, childcare or assisting teaching. Students can progress into roles such as:
- Nursery Worker
- Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Mentor
Students can also use this T-Level to do a related higher level apprenticeship or degree course.