Level 2 Award in Cutting Men's Hair - Part TimeApply Now
qualification will be delivered over 1 evening from 5.30 pm - 8.30 pm
for 14 weeks. Each session will be 3 hours long.
The course aim is to provide the learner with the knowledge and skills to cut men’s hair into basic looks.
The skills developed by the learner include layering, club cutting, scissor over comb, use of clippers and free-hand cutting techniques.
The knowledge acquired by the learner will enable them to understand the main factors that need to be considered when cutting hair, the effect cutting hair at different angles has on the haircut, the importance of applying tension to the hair when cutting and safety considerations that must be taken into account.
If a student has not completed any previous accredited related qualification or has not got prior work experience within the hairdressing/barbering industry then the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety must be taken alongside the award in cutting men’s hair.
The full cost of this course is £200. The course runs for 14 weeks, 3 hours per week, Wednesday 5:30-8:30pm.
City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Cutting Men’s Hair
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- use suitable consultation techniques to identify service objectives
- assess the potential of the hair to achieve the desired look by identifying the influencing factors
- select and use cutting tools and equipment to achieve the desired look
- establish and follow guidelines to accurately achieve the required look
- use cutting techniques that take into account the identified factors
- create neckline shapes that are accurate and take into account of the natural hairline
- cross check the cut to ensure even balance and weight distribution
- remove unwanted hair outside the desired outline shape
- create balanced and shaped sideburns that suit the required look
- follow safe and hygienic working practices
This unit will be assessed though a range of practical tasks to confirm skill level. Knowledge and understanding will be assessed through tasks in an assignment (please note that knowledge and understanding maybe assessed though an online exam if the tutor feels this would be a more suitable form of assessment to meet the needs of a student)
This course is an ideal stepping stone for students who may wish to go on to study in more depth and at a higher level barbering qualifications.