Award in Dressing Hair - Part TimeApply Now
This short course will be 1 evening session per week for 8 weeks. Each session will be 3 hours.
The aim of the qualification is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to style and dress women’s hair using basic techniques. The skills developed by yourself will include setting, blow-drying, finger drying, straightening and dressing long hair. The knowledge acquired through studying this qualification will enable you to understand how styling the hair affects the hair structure and how humidity affects the resulting style.
If a student has not completed any previous accredited related qualification or has not got prior work experience within the hairdressing/barbering industry then the Level 2 Award in Health and Safety must be taken alongside the award in dressing hair.
The full cost of this course is £200. The course runs for 8 weeks, 2.5 hours per week, Mondays 1pm – 3.30pm. The course begins on the 2nd March 2020.
City and Guilds L2 Award in Dressing Hair
There are no formal qualifications required to undertake this qualification but Artistic skills and a passion for styling hair is essential.
- Consulting with clients to confirm their requirements
- Evaluating the potential of the hair to achieve the desired look by identifying the Influencing factors
- Select and use styling products, tools and equipment to achieve the desired look
- Control and secure hair effectively during dressing
- Dress hair to the satisfaction of the client
- Apply finishing products to maintain the style
- Provide suitable aftercare advice
- Follow safe and hygienic working practices
This unit will be assessed though a range of practical tasks to confirm skill level. Knowledge and understanding will be assessed through tasks in an assignment (please note that knowledge and understanding maybe assessed though an online exam if the tutor feels this would be a more suitable form of assessment to meet the needs of a student)
Other hairdressing and barbering courses and employment/ self-employment