Level 4 Certificate in Education and TrainingApply Now
This Level 4 Certificate extends and builds on the previous Level 3 Award in Education and Training (formerly PTLLS) qualification, giving the candidate the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills needed to ‘confirm occupational competence’ in a teaching or training role.
The course is aimed at teachers, tutors, trainers, lecturers, support tutors, assessors and instructors who may be working within an FE college, adult and community learning centre or learning provider including prisons, as well as people delivering work-based training such as voluntary, community, private and public organisations.
The Certificate can be achieved by pre-service or in-service candidates.
This course can be funded by an Advanced Learner Loan, full course cost is £1100.
Ascentis Certificate in Education and Training (QCF)
Entry requirements GCSE or equivalent in English and maths and a Level 3
qualification in specialist subject area.
Units on the course are:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of students in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment
- Delivering employability skills
- Preparing for the coaching and mentoring role
You will be assessed through written assignments, practical teaching, compilation of an e-portfolio, a minimum of 30 hours teaching practice.
There are no formal work experience requirements but you will need to complete a minimum of 30 hours teaching practice during the course.
There are two main routes of progression following completion of this course:
- Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) – Associate Teacher status
- Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS) – Fully qualified teacher status