Entry Level 3 - Certificate for Further Learning and EmploymentApply Now
This course accommodates young people who have challenges/barriers to entering education, employment or training at Entry Level 3.
The programme aims to provide a broad learning experience with the development of the personal and social skills you need to access employment. Students will also gain functional skills in English, maths and ICT at an appropriate level.
Areas covered include:
- Searching and applying for jobs
- Preparing for a work placement
- Introduction to customer service
- Young enterprise and volunteering
- Participate in a work placement
- Diploma in Skills for Further Learning and Employment (Entry 3)
- NOCN E3 Award in Independent Living - Leisure Activities
- E3 NOCN Award in Skills For Employment, Training and PSD
- E3 Certificate in using Employability Skills
There are no formal qualifications required to begin this course however completion of Entry Level 2 or ability to carry out a work placement would be beneficial.
Units covered on this course are:
- Employability skills
- Customer service
- Work experience
Learners on the Work Skills course participate in an independent work placement, for one day per week, typically from February to June. This is fully supported by the college, such as finding suitable placements, arranging interviews and regular visits to monitor progress. Students are also encouraged to work as volunteers and are able to gain some experience of this in our Thinc Café. Here they learn to handle money, serve food and give good customer service. They are also able to work on part of the canal regeneration programme which improves communication and personal presentation skills.
Students who successfully complete this course progress onto other entry or level 1 vocational courses within the college or move into employment or training.