T-Level in Education and ChildcareApply Now
Are you ready to join the technical revolution that is T-Levels?
During this two-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge and skills that underpin many jobs in early years education, childcare and teaching. This T-Level has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work. Those involved in the design include Action for Children and representatives from schools and colleges around the country.As part of this study programme, you will enhance your broader skills in literacy and numeracy, and attend tutorials and individual Development (ID) or Future Academy. All of this will be invaluable in supporting progression in other areas.
In addition, this course features a 45-day (315 hour) work placement and promises to be invaluable for anyone looking to get real-world industry experience.
*This course is taught at our Rochdale campus, located in Rochdale Town Centre. Greater Manchester.
Level 3 Technical Qualification in Education and Childcare - Year 1
5 GCSEs grade C/4 or above to include English and Maths.
Topics on this course include:
- Understanding the education and childcare sector from ages 0 to 19
- Child development
- How to support children and young people’s education
- Safeguarding, health and safety and wellbeing
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Observing and assessing children and young people
- Equality and diversity
- Special educational needs and disability
- English as an additional language
- Working with parents, carers and wider families
- Working with agencies and services that support children, families and carers
- Reflective practice and other forms of professional development
In addition to the core content, you will study a specialism in Early Years Education and Childcare.
Your core work will give you essential knowledge and skills relevant to any education-related occupation, including:
- Education context
- Child development
- Supporting education
- Parents and families
- Working with others
- Reflective practice
An industry placement will ensure you have the chance to put into practice the skills and knowledge you are studying in the classroom.
Employers of all sizes will placements for 750 hours alongside your class learning over the two years where you will complete an employer set project.
You can progress into roles such as:
- Nursery Worker
- Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Learning Mentor
You can also use this T-Level to do a related higher level apprenticeship or degree course.