Level 2 Certificate in Accounting top-up - Part time (AAT)Apply Now
The course is a top up that allows students to achieve the full Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping. Once you have completed the course you can go ono to apply the principles learnt on an accounting software course for beginners or continue on a level 3 course in Sept 2022.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting top-up - Part time (AAT)
Students must have completed the L2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and have as a minimum a level 2 or above Maths qualification (GCSE grade C or 4, Functional Skill or Key skill) and Level 1 English qualification (GCSE grade D or 3, Functional Skill or Key skill).
Elements of Costing:
- Students will learn about financial transactions within a bookkeeping system understanding the purpose of business documents
- Distinguish between prompt payment, trade and bulk discounts and understanding of the process of recording financial transactions
- Student will develop an understanding of the benefits and risks of using accounting software
- Students will learn how to set up accounts and how to record bank and cash transactions using accounting software
- Students will also develop the skills needed to produce a range of reports to meet business needs.
Working Effectively in Finance:
- Students to develop the professional skills and behaviours needed in the workplace. While this unit is set in the context of the finance function, these skills are transferable to many other working environments
- Students will understand the work of the finance function and why that work is important to an organisation.
A synoptic assessment will be the final unit that tests your knowledge you have gained throughout the level, covering multiple (but not all) units. It is a computer-based exam that you will attempt once you have completed the other core units within the qualification.
It should be noted that most employers would want some experience of using accounting software. Possible careers with this range of skills would include:
- Accounting Assistant
- Auditing Clerk
- Financial Reporting Clerk
- Purchase and/or Sales Ledger Clerk
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Administrator.