Level 2 Award in Accounting Software - Part TimeApply Now
This is a beginner’s course for individuals who have no current knowledge of using accounting software (SAGE).
This course provides an entry point for anyone wishing to start a career in accountancy or finance. It may also support career progression for those already in employment by formally recognising their skills in using accounting software.
In the modern business environment, processing data and information into accounting software is a necessary task in most finance roles. The purpose of the course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to carry out typical bookkeeping transactions and tasks using accounting software confidently.
This qualification is suitable for those already working in finance, those returning to work after a break or those wishing to change career. The full cost of this course is £200 and is run over 15 weeks, 3 hours per week, on a Wednesday evening 6-9pm.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
There is no requirement for an accounting or bookkeeping qualification however a knowledge of double entry bookkeeping is advantageous. Students must have as a minimum a level 1 or above Maths qualification (GCSE grade D or 3, Functional Skill or Key skill) and Level 1 English qualification (GCSE grade D or 3, Functional Skill or Key skill).
This course has only one unit – Using Accounting Software. Students will learn how to:
- Set up the accounting software, including nominal, customer and supplier accounts
- Process sales and purchases transactions, including invoices and credit notes and allocating payments received and made.
- Process bank and cash transactions; including receipts and payments for non-credit transactions, processing recurring entries and petty cash
- Perform period end routine tasks; including journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Produce reports for customer and supplier activity. Also produce a trail balance and general nominal reports.
This course is assessed by one exam, externally set and marked by the awarding body.
There is no work experience placements linked to this part time course.
The AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software can lead to further study in bookkeeping, specifically a level 2 manual bookkeeping qualification, accountancy at level 2 or to employment as:
- A clerical assistant
- A trainee bookkeeper
- An accounts clerk
- A finance assistant
- An accounts administrator