T-Level in Design, Surveying & Planning for ConstructionApply Now
Are you ready to join the technical revolution that is T-Levels?
This T-Level has been developed in consultation with employers in the construction industry to ensure you learn the skills and behaviours that will give you the best opportunity to be successful when applying for work in construction areas such as surveying and design, civil engineering, building services design or hazardous materials surveying.
It is designed for post-16 students and is an ideal qualification if you are intending to progress directly to employment within the construction industry, to a construction apprenticeship or to further studies in construction.
This course is taught at our Middleton Campus in Middleton, Greater Manchester. In particular, it’s located in our state-of-the-art Advanced Engineering and Technology Centre.
The building is one of the most sought-after places for trades-based training in the region – featuring 6,500 square-metres of the newest and most cutting edge equipment.
Our engineering workshops are amongst the most impressive parts of the facility, giving you access to all the tools, machinery and equipment needed to make a splash in this exciting sector.
The skills learned lead not only to a rewarding career but can also be used as a foundation from which to progress to advanced craft, technician, supervisory or management occupations, where established professional development routes and occupational standards exist.
In addition, this course features a 45-day (315 hour) work placement and promises to be invaluable for anyone looking to get real-world industry experience.
*This course is taught at our Middleton Campus, located in Middleton, Greater Manchester.
Level 3 Technical Qualification in Design, Surveying and Planning
Design, Surveying and Planning Activity:
For those looking to take part in the Design, Surveying and Planning activity, please watch the following video and visit the link below:
One you have watched the video and completed the activity, please email your results to Carl.Reevell@hopwood.ac.uk
- 4 GCSE passes (grade 5 or above), including English and Maths
Entrants who do not have a grade 4 or above in English and Maths will continue studying these at the college
You'll study a wide range of units which are designed to give you the perfect foundation for a career in Engineering.
You'll develop your understanding in the following areas, which will provide you with a strong portfolio of evidence to progress into a career:
- Health and safety in construction and the law surrounding it
- Scientific principles, their applications, interaction between them to meet the purpose of the built environment and how their performance in the building is measured
- Benefits of good design including within budget, of good design to product performance e.g. on budget, over specified, difficult to assemble/build,
- Construction and the built environment industry, procurement, project management etc.
- Sustainability, importance of sustainability when planning and delivering a construction project e.g. environmental protection
- Measurement, the benefits of accurate and appropriate measurement on built environment performance e.g. accurate reporting
- Building technology, construction methods, including traditional and modern methods
- Relationship management, types of stakeholders, e.g. client, team and end user
- Project management
- Data management
- Digital technology linked to construction-built environment
You'll have the amazing opportunity to undertake a 45-day (315 hour) work placement during the course of your T-Level. We're proud to work alongside a number of reputable employers, meaning you can look forward to working with the best that the industry has to offer.
This placement promises to be invaluable - ultimately giving you the chance to grow your skillset, expand your knowledge and become comfortable in a professional environment.
All in all, the experience will be make you an extremely attractive candidate when applying for job roles or to university
This course will open up a number of exciting opportunities for you. You'll most likely progress into one of the following:
- Higher Education
- A Higher Apprenticeship
- Employment (roles include surveyor, architect, project manager, cost manager, site Manager, construction engineer and more)