Level 2 Award in Computer Aided DesignApply Now
Our Level 2 course, Unit 202 Using 2D Computer Aided Design Software, is ideal if you have some experience in computing, perhaps in manufacturing or engineering design, and want to increase your knowledge and skills and progress in your career.
The award in 2D CAD is designed for individuals with little or no initial CAD experience and who wish to develop the fundamental knowledge and skills when working with CAD based programmes. On completion of this programme you will have developed CAD based skills that will enable you to produce industrial standard 2D engineering specification drawings and completed a knowledge based end exam.
The course runs on a Wednesday evening from 5.30 pm -20.30 pm for 20 weeks and begins on Wednesday 15th January 2020. The full course cost is £200.
City & Guilds Level 2 Award in 2D Computer Aided Design
Our Level 2 CAD course is for beginners and those who already have some experience in computing and want to increase their knowledge and skills
There are 6 outcomes to this unit.
1. Be able to use a CAD workstation safely
2. Be able to use key components in 2D CAD software
3. Be able to create lines and shapes relative to a co-ordinate system
4. Be able to use text, hatch and simple dimensioning routines
5. Be able to modify existing drawings
6. Be able to output a 2D drawing layout
Assessment is via a written exam and drawing production from given assignment briefs.
The cost is £195. This takes place on a Wednesday evening 6-8pm for 29 weeks commencing 30.10.19
This course allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 2 Certificate in Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering