Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts - Dance PathwayApply Now
Have you always dreamed about being in show business? If so, you would be perfect to study our Level 3 Diploma in Performing Arts – Dance.
This course is taught at our Middleton Campus in Greater Manchester. It’s here where you’ll find our dazzling Hopwood Theatre – which is exactly the place to prove just how bright your star can shine through forms such as Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Contemporary.
You’ll be guided through the theory and practical elements of the course by our expert tutors. These individuals have years of experience in the industry and have been a part of some of the biggest and most successful shows in the country.
The tutors are more than happy to share their expertise as you hone your own skills in Dance. You won’t have to wait long for your opportunity to show off your new skillset either as you take part in multiple in-house productions each year.
This Level 3 Dance course is a brilliant way of honing your craft as you study the most advanced topics over the space of two years. By the end of it you’ll have a thorough understanding of the industry and have developed your talent considerably.
This course will open many doors for you. Once you’ve finished it you might choose to study Higher Education at University, progress onto an institution dedicated solely to Performing Arts, or even start seeking exciting career opportunities.
*This course is taught at our Middleton Campus, located in Middleton, Greater Manchester.
UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts
- 4 GCSEs grade 4 or above to include English and Maths
- or a Level 2 qualification
If you have not attained GCSE grades 4-9 in English and Maths you will automatically be enrolled in classes to work towards these qualifications
You'll study a wide range of units which are designed to give you the perfect foundation for a career in Performing Arts.
The following elements will provide you with a strong portfolio of evidence to allow you to enter the industry:
- Principles of Performance
- Engaging with an Audience
- Introduction to Professional Practise
- Critical and Contextual Awareness
- Production Skills
- Performance Skills
- Preparation for Specialist Study
- Collaborative Performance Project
- Developing Performance and Production Skills
- Preparing for Progression
- Exploration of Specialist Study
- Extended Project (L3 & L4)
Just some of the exciting topics covered on the course include:
- Dance technique and performance
- Producing and choreographing a dance performance
- touring theatre
- Production roles and technical theatre
- Creating and directing live performance
- Choreography techniques
- Project managemen
You will have the exciting opportunity to undertake work experience, with a requirement to complete a minimum of 36 hours experience related to your learning.
We are proud to work with a number of reputable employers and performance companies, meaning we can assist you in getting the most desirable placements. However, you will also be able to arrange your own work experience if you prefer.
There will be world of opportunity for you to seize upon completion of this course. The most common routes for students include:
- University to study Higher Education
- Joining an institution dedicated solely to Performing Arts
- Starting your career in the industry