Site Carpentry & Joinery Intermediate ApprenticeshipApply Now
The Site Carpentry and Bench Joinery Apprenticeship provides an all rounded training experience for people employed in the construction industry as carpenters or joiners and covers a broad range of training preparing you to work on different types of sites from private houses to large building sites.
Carpentry & Joinery L2 Intermediate Apprenticship
Initial assessment and diagnostic testing on English and Maths will take place prior to commencement of the apprenticeship (unless this has already been achieved)
This apprenticeship will develop the skills and knowledge needed to be a qualified joiner. Topics include:
- Obtaining and loading out of trade related materials.
- Carrying out repairs and maintenance which includes removing doors, door frames, windows, flooring, joists, kitchen units, and staircases.
- Operating woodwork machinery to prepare materials for use in either manufacture or replacement of joinery items.
- Using power tools in conjunction with repairs and maintenance.
- Conform to general workspace safety
- Conform to efficient work practices
- Move and handle resources Optional units:
- Install first fixing components
- Install second fixing components
- Erect structural carcassing components
- Maintain non-structural carpentry work
- Set-up and use circular saws
- Produce setting out details for routine products
- Manufacture routine products
Training and assessments are delivered at both the college and the workplace with learners being required to spend 1 day a week on campus. The assessment is split into a variety of methods, including case studies, assignments, practical assessments and projects.
English and Maths will be included if the apprentice has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths (A – C GCSE). They must study for and take the tests for Level 2 English and Maths as well as achieve Level 1 English and Maths.
This apprenticeship is based in the workplace with a day release to Middleton Campus
Progression onto an advanced Apprenticeship / higher level of study or employment.