English and Maths GCSE's grades 4/C or above or equivalent. Individual employers may have their own higher entry requirements. AAT Level 3 or equivalent desirable.
On an apprenticeship programme, you will learn and develop a range of knowledge, skills and behaviours. These include:
- Understand the industries and environments in which an organisation operates, including customer and supplier needs, in order to create and / or validate and / or report financial information
- Understand and evaluate an organisation’s systems and processes and make recommendations for improvement, as appropriate
- Understand and apply professional standards and legal regulations to an organisation’s financial information, and to comply with the fundamental principles of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care and confidentiality
- Effectively communicate relevant information across the organisation and to appropriate stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- Proactively manage their own development and is committed to the job and their profession
- Apply accounting/tax knowledge to consistently deliver high quality, accurate data and information in a timely fashion
- Continuous improvement
- Adds value
End Point Assessment:
Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve prior to taking the end-point assessment. The apprentice must complete all elements of the on programme learning to achieve the assessment gateway requirements. The EPA consists of 2 assessment methods:
- Role Stimulation
- Portfolio and Reflective Statement
As part of the apprenticeship there is a dedicated off the job learning requirement. This is a minimum of 6 hours per week for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- Observing colleagues
- Receiving mentoring
- Teaching or learning the theory related to their roles
On completion of this standard, apprentices can progress into a wide range of employment opportunities or further education.
Typical Job Roles: Assistant Management Accountant, Commercial Analyst, Payroll Manager, Senior Bookkeeper, Senior Financial Officer, Tax Investigations Officer, Personal Tax Assistant, Business Tax Assistant