This course is intended for practicing electricians as part of the assessment for this qualification, learners must hold one of the following:
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
- 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification
- 5393 Level 3 Electrotechnical in Dwellings
- 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
- Other Awarding Organisations equivalences will also be acceptable
- Equivalent historical qualifications (see EAS Table 4B/4C) EAS Qualifications guide August 2023 (theiet.org)
- ECS Gold Card, JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card
The qualifications above must have been achieved no more than 5 years prior to starting this qualification or there must be evidence the candidate has remained current by completing relevant CPD such as a City and Guilds 2382 or equivalent. This qualification is approved for learners aged 18 or above.
Unit 301 Understand and apply selection, installation and commissioning of electric vehicle charging equipment in domestic, commercial and industrial locations.
Unit 302 Understand and apply selecting, installation and commissioning of electric vehicle charging points.
Not applicable – The College cannot provide any work experience routes for this qualification (please see entry requirements).
Holding formal training is a requirement of the OZEV Scheme (Office for Zero Emission Vehicle).