Student Financial Support
There are a number of sources of financial support which may be available to help you with costs associated with coming to college.
If you are already studying with us or you plan to study at Hopwood Hall College in 2019/20, you can apply for Financial Support to help you with your course associated-costs such as travel, equipment, trips, lunch and stationery. If you are 20+ you may additionally apply for support with childcare.
There are various types of financial support available:
- 16-18 Guaranteed Financial Support
- 16-18 Discretionary Financial Support
- 19+ Discretionary Financial Support
- Advanced Learning Loans Financial Support
- 20+ Childcare Financial Support
- Care to Learn - If you are a young parent, 16-19 years of age, the Care to Learn Scheme may be able to assist you with your childcare costs. For more information and to apply online, visit http://www.gov.uk/care-to-learn
Please refer to the Financial Support Guidance for additional details including the eligibility criteria, terms and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY (FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/20)
Applications can be made by completing an application with support evidence and handing them to receptions at our Rochdale or Middleton campuses.
Please complete all sections of the form and bring along copies of the household income. Applications will not be not accepted until all household income has been received.
Applications are available from receptions or you can download one below.
Bursary form – Click Here
Childcare form – Click Here
- Payments are made weekly for 16-19 bursary and Free School meals
- Payments for adults bursary will be made fortnightly
- Household threshold has been reduced to £25,000
- Attendance threshold for all bursaries awards are 90%
- Bursary Payments:
- 16-18 Bursary - £10 Per Week (in term time)
- Free School Meals - £7.23 Per Week (in term time)
- Adults - £25 every two weeks (in term time)
Information on Clothing & Equipment
Please click here for information on Clothing & Equipment at Hopwood Hall College.