Student Financial Support
There are a number of sources of financial support which may be available to help you with costs associated with coming to college.
If you are already studying with us or you plan to study at Hopwood Hall College in 2020/21, you can apply for Financial Support to help you with your course associated-costs such as travel, equipment, trips, lunch and stationery. If you are 20+ you may additionally apply for support with childcare.
There are various types of financial support available:
- 16-18 Guaranteed Financial Support
- 16-18 Discretionary Financial Support
- 19+ Discretionary Financial Support
- Advanced Learning Loans Financial Support
- 20+ Childcare Financial Support
- Care to Learn - If you are a young parent, 16-19 years of age, the Care to Learn Scheme may be able to assist you with your childcare costs. For more information and to apply online, visit http://www.gov.uk/care-to-learn
Please refer to the Financial Support Guidance for additional details including the eligibility criteria, terms and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY (FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/21)
Please complete all sections of the form and bring along copies of the household income. Applications will not be not accepted until all household income has been received.
Applications will not be not accepted until all household income has been received.
Examples of evidence include:
- 3 full Universal Credit statements dated within 3 months
- Working and/or Child Tax Credits – full award notice for 19/20 or this year’s award notice
- Evidence of income – employed (P60 for April 2020 or 3 recent wage slips)/self employed (Tax Return April 2020)
- Income from benefits – JSA/ESA/Income Support – Letter confirming benefit dated in the last six months)
- Pensions/Pension Credit – Letter confirming details dated in last six months
- Carers Allowance – Letter confirming details dated in last six months
- Housing Benefit – Letter confirming details dated in last six months
- Bank statements – these can be used to support evidence of income if up-to-date documents cannot be provided – 3 consecutive bank statements dated within last six months
Bursary form – Click Here
Childcare form – Click Here
- Payments are made weekly for 16-19 bursary and Free School meals
- Payments for adults bursary will be made fortnightly
- Household threshold has been reduced to £25,000
- Attendance threshold for all bursaries awards are 90%
- Bursary Payments:
- 16-18 Bursary - £10 Per Week (in term time)
- Free School Meals - £7.23 Per Week (in term time)
- Adults - £25 every two weeks (in term time)
Information on Clothing & Equipment
Please click here for information on Clothing & Equipment at Hopwood Hall College.