HOW TO ACCESS RESULTS
This year students will be able to access their results remotely through the college IT systems instead of attending campus.
Please read: We recommend all students receiving results read Ofqual's Summer 2020 guide to post-16 qualifications results. You can download it HERE.
DISCLAIMER: GCSE Results are based on Centre Assessments Grades and may be subject to change when Ofqual release further data. Visit HERE for more information.
NOTICE: BTEC L1 and L2 results have been postponed. This decision has been made by the exams awarding body. We will provide more information when this becomes available.
There are two ways to access your results via the college IT systems. These are:
- Hopwood Life App
- Remote Desktop Connection
Using the Hopwood Life App
1. Search for the Hopwood Life app on the Apple App store or Google Play store
2. Once you’ve installed and launched the app you will be met with a Newsfeed landing screen, tap the icon in the bottom right of the screen circled below
3. The first time you use the app you will be asked to sign in to your Office 365 account. Enter your student email address using the following format email@example.com like the example below and tap ‘Next’
4. Enter your usual college password and tap ‘Sign in'
5. Scroll down the screen to the ‘Your Course’ section and tap ‘Exams’
6. Your results will be visible here once they’ve been released by the Examination Board
Using the Remote Desktop Connection
1. If your computer or laptop is running on Mac OS or Google Chrome OS then you will need to install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app before continuing to step 2. If you are using Windows 10 then go to step 2.
2. Open your browser and navigate to the College Remote Desktop site: https://mydesktop.hopwood.ac.uk/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/...
3. Type student\ followed by your student ID number as in the example below and your normal college password
4. Click ‘Sign in’
5. Once you’ve signed in click on student RDS
6. A download link for the remote connection will appear in the bottom left corner if you are on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
7. A window will appear asking you to connect click ‘Yes’
8. A window similar to this will appear, re-enter your password and click ‘OK’
9. This window may appear, click ‘Yes’
10. Now that you’re connected, click the ‘My ILP’ icon on your desktop
11. Change the Academic Year to 19/20
12. Click ‘Information’ then ‘Learner Details’
13. Scroll to the bottom of the page and under the Links heading click on ‘My Results’ where you will see the results for all of your courses once they have been released
Ofqual have confirmed that students cannot challenge their individual centre assessment grades this year, as any appeal would have to be undertaken by someone better placed than your teachers to judge your likely grade if assessments had taken place.
In the unique circumstance of this summer, Ofqual do not believe there is any such person.
However, if you or others have concerns about bias, discrimination or any other factor that suggests that a school or college did not behave with care or integrity when determining the centre assessment grade and/or rank order information then these should be raised with your school or college first.