Hopwood Hall IS OFFICIALLY A 'GOOD' College
The College was inspected in November 2016 with OFSTED grading Hopwood Hall College 'good with outstanding features', both in terms of its learners' achievements and in its leadership and management.
An area of particular pride for Hopwood Hall is the way we have continued to improve since our previous inspection in 2011. Ofsted stated:
“Since the previous inspection, you have invested in improving resources to create a better learning environment. Your staff share your ambitious strategy to provide the highest-quality vocational provision which meets local needs and is responsive to national priorities."
Hopwood Hall College was also highly praised for the sense of ambition that runs through the organisation. Staff and learners are aiming high and this is already being reflected in their successes.
In addition, the report also said learners at Hopwood Hall College:
- achieve their qualifications and progress well
- benefit from the development of their essential English and mathematical skills
- benefit from the college’s significant investment in industry standard equipment and facilities
- feel safe and understand how to keep themselves safe
- develop a wide range of employability skills
- are respectful to each other and staff, they collaborate and share knowledge that reflect the skills required in industry
- develop their knowledge and are able apply theory to practice and make good progress
- benefit from effective IAG and have a good understanding of what they need to do to progress with their future career plans
In his reaction to the report, Derek O’Toole said:
“We are incredibly proud of the findings, which is a tribute to the ongoing hard work and dedication of all the staff at the college to provide our learners with the highest quality teaching, learning and assessment. I’m also pleased the report recognised the positive attitudes and efforts of our learners. That they played a big part in the inspector’s positive impression of this college and is reflective of how they carry themselves on a daily basis.”
A full copy of the inspection report is available here.
Read the news story here.