Work Placement Officer
Visiting work placements across the borough to ensure they are managed safely and are of high quality. Creating strong partnerships with employers and working with curriculum and work experience staff to secure meaningful work experience placements for college students.
Carry out assessment observations and other duties in support of the business and the delivery of the qualifications. You will be expected to be well organised, and pay close attention to detail and also be able to work on your own initiative
Undertake college liaison activity with employers and agencies for the purpose of obtaining high quality work experience opportunities for students.
Work closely with programme manager, tutors and progress tutors to identify students who require a placement and work with them to implement a programme for students to seek work experience.
Oversee the arrangements that ensure work experience employer placements are vetted for health and safety.
Lead on arrangements that ensure staff monitoring of placements is planned and effectively managed across the college.
Strive to achieve consistently outstanding provision
- Visiting learners in the workplace, coaching and assessing them in line with their qualification
- Liaising with learners, employers, Internal and External Verifiers and Management
- Creating learner portfolios to agreed internal and external standards
- Maintain records & systems to provide timely and accurate information
- Attend scheduled meetings to ensure consistent standards of delivery and quality is upheld as well as operational effectiveness
- Have an organised approach and excellent time management skills
- Have a qualification that enables development and assessment of others
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer literacy and excellent keyboard skills
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- A good level of numeracy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to lone work and use your own initiative
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required
Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £22,620 - £27,331.33 per annum, pro rata i.e. £14,666 - £17,725 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 27 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 13th June 2021
Use our online portal to apply