Work Experience Development Officer (Fixed Term)
Working across the college to ensure the arrangements for work experience and industry placements are managed safely and are of high quality.Creating strong partnerships with employers and working with curriculum to secure meaningful work experience and industry placements for college students. The post holder will work within a team and will take the lead on generating sufficient industry placement opportunities for at least one of the T Level Pathways: Digital, Construction, Education & Childcare, and Health & Science alongside opening up standard and extended work experience placements for a range of curriculum areas.
Purpose of the post
Undertake college liaison activity with employers and agencies for the purpose of obtaining high quality work experience opportunities for students.
Work closely with tutors and student support tutors to identify students who require a placement and work with them to implement a programme for students to seek work experience.
Oversee the arrangements that ensure work experience employer placements are vetted for health and safety.
Lead on arrangements that ensure staff monitoring of placements is planned and effectively managed across the college.
Strive to achieve consistently outstanding provision.
- Work with managers and tutors across the college to plan and maintain a schedule of work experience needs including industry placements.
- Support teams to prepare students for work experience through the tutorial programme and iLearn sessions
- Engage with employers to ensure their contribution to employability activities for learners including workplace visits, careers talks in college, interactive activities to raise the profile of work placements, provide learners with mock interviews, and more.
- Work closely with student support tutors, ACE Tutors and teaching staff to ensure students are clearly identified for appropriate work experience and industry placement opportunities and planning for attendance at work placement is effective.
- Provide support to learners through the tutorial programme, in the Careers Zones, and via email and telephone as appropriate
- Work with tutors and the Quality team to ensure learning materials to support work experience are up-to-date and utilised effectively within the tutorial programme incorporating iLearn and that ProMonitor and Connect are fully utilised to capture the work experience or industry placement
- Maintain accurate records in line with college requirements
- Work with the Employer Engagement team to ensure work placement is explored with all current and potential apprenticeship employers.
- Contact employers to seek high quality work experience and industry placement opportunities ensuring all communication with employers, learners, curriculum teams and the Careers Leader are followed up in a timely way.
- Provide quality assurance that work experience monitoring is: in place, meaningful and effective.
- Work with colleagues across the college to ensure work experience monitoring is managed within planned staffing allocations.
- Work with the marketing department and Careers Leader to deliver campaigns to engage employers to offer work experience and industry placement opportunities.
- Provide cross college reporting on take-up of work experience to line manager.
- Promote the use of ProMonitor and other college systems including Connect and itsLearning to provide high quality opportunities to prepare for and reflect upon work experience.
- Promote the linkage between delivery teams and employers to define ‘live project briefs’ to involve classroom based students in work that is responsive to employer’s needs.
- Undertake a full range of promotional activities including careers fairs aimed at engaging work experience providers in learner progression opportunities.
- Provide support to curriculum teams in preparing students for their work experience programme.
- Attend best practice network meetings and provide reports on trends and developments to the Careers Leader
- Work with colleagues in the council, LEP and other agencies on collaborative arrangements to involve employers in the provision of work experience.
- Fixed Term 31st July 2020
SALARY SCALE: £24,984.89 - £26,660.81 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 20th September 2019
Use our online portal to apply