Work Based Tutor - Plumbing
The Work Based Tutor will train apprentices across a wide range of skills, knowledge and behaviours to enable them to pass the End Point Assessment. The tutor will develop and deliver highly inspirational teaching and training resources and will be expected to facilitate a structured learning programme, providing feedback during formative assessment periods. Using an e-portfolio system, the tutor will evidence and review progress to date across all aspects of the Apprenticeship. For some apprentices, there is an expectation that the tutor will support the development of Maths and English.
Must have own transport.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- To support learners on apprenticeship programmes to successfully develop and evidence skills and competence in their roles
- Conduct initial and diagnostic assessment activities and recruit with integrity
- Ensure all teaching, learning and assessment adheres to quality assurance processes
- Participate in and support an inspirational learner induction
- Manage learners through the initial six weeks period and confirm or redirect to appropriate qualifications
- Undertake individual reviews, embracing and completing all aspects of the E-Portfolio system including the individual learning plan (ILP) providing SMART targets for learners, which promote learner advancement and success
- Monitor and support with Off the Job learning, ensuring its is accurately recorded and sufficient progress is being made.
- Monitor any risk status of learners, apply and record interventions as appropriate
- Continually review the learners’ progress in liaison with employers
- Monitor caseload performance and action concerns through appropriate channels including regular attendance at performance board.
- Carry out regular learner reviews every 10-12 weeks (more frequent within the induction phase) in liaison with the employer
- Support the recruitment of learners onto programmes to maximize caseloads through new business activity and effective maintenance of current relationships
- Ensure the employers fully understand the training programmes and their role and responsibilities
- Deliver training and formative assessments on aspects of the Standards to meet the needs of employers and learners and to the standard of awarding bodies
- Ensure learners are fully prepared and competent to undertake a successful End point Assessment
- Manage the behaviour and discipline of students, including timekeeping and attendance
- Develop resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
- Ensure effective use of the OneFile e-portfolio to track and complete tasks and off the job requirement
Hopwood Hall College is an equal opportunities employer. Our values are underpinned by equality, diversity and inclusion for all. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Being an inclusive workplace means we ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and flourish as part of our team irrespective of their age, gender, race, sexuality, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, disability, gender reassignment or marital status. We respect and value our differences and aim to bring out the best in people by creating a culture where everyone feels included and appreciated.
We are a Disability Confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £38,162.07 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 12th February 2023
Click here for the role description
Use our online portal to apply
We’ve seen so many creative projects come to life this week for EcoFest! This display from our Health & Social Car… https://t.co/rpEa6EHmu3
The March issue of Business Link is out NOW! It’s full of helpful information on staff training opportunities, re… https://t.co/tBX3jYSdwf
Registration has now closed for TODAY'S Open Event. Haven't registered? Don't worry, we’d still love to welcome yo… https://t.co/bz90ogHJNK
Our Health & Social Care students have thrown themselves into the spirit of EcoFest! They've created vibrant poste… https://t.co/TcHCqsIaol
Aged 19+ and looking to reap the rewards of returning to education? You won't want to miss our 'Access All Areas' O… https://t.co/sWDwuSHy7t
Have you read our new schools newsletter yet? It's the perfect way to start your weekend! If you're in Year 11 or… https://t.co/DttRfUjG15
We’re blown away by this eye-catching look created by Hairdressing student Paige Gannon for yesterday's competition… https://t.co/nd2UxFL6YP