Work Based Tutor - Business Administration
The Work Based Tutor will train apprentices across a wide range of skills, knowledge and behaviors to enable them to pass the End Point Assessment. The WBT will develop and deliver highly inspirational teaching and training resources and will be expected to facilitate a structured learning programme, providing feedback during formative assessment periods. Using an e-portfolio system, the tutor will evidence and review progress to date across all aspects of the Apprenticeship. For some apprentices, there is an expectation that the tutor will support the development of maths and English.
It is the WBT’s responsibility to ensure that all components of the apprenticeship standard are completed accurately and timely.
Must have own transport.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To support learners on apprenticeship programmes to successfully develop and evidence skills and competence in their roles
- Conduct initial and diagnostic assessment activities and recruit with integrity
- Ensure all teaching, learning and assessment adheres to quality assurance processes
- Participate in and support an inspirational learner induction
- Manage learners through the initial six weeks period and confirm or redirect to appropriate qualifications
- Undertake individual reviews, embracing and completing all aspects of the E-Portfolio system including the individual learning plan (ILP) providing SMART targets for learners, which promote learner advancement and success
- Monitor and support with Off the Job learning, ensuring its is accurately recorded and sufficient progress is being made
- Monitor any risk status of learners, apply and record interventions as appropriate
- Continually review the learners’ progress in liaison with employers
- Monitor caseload performance and action concerns through appropriate channels including regular attendance at performance boards
- Carry out regular learner reviews every 10-12 weeks (more frequent within the induction phase) in liaison with the employer
- Support the recruitment of learners onto programmes to maximize caseloads through new business activity and effective maintenance of current relationships
- Ensure the employers fully understand the training programmes, OneFile and their role and responsibilities
- Deliver training and formative assessments on aspects of the Standards to meet the needs of employers and learners and to the standard of awarding bodies
- Ensure learners are fully prepared and competent to undertake a successful End point Assessment
- Manage the behaviour and discipline of students, including timekeeping and attendance
- Develop resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
- Ensure effective use of the OneFile e-portfolio to track and complete tasks and off the job requirement
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY: £28,157.42 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 3rd June 2022
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD WEEK COMMENCING THE 20TH JUNE
Use our online portal to apply