Technician - Electrical Installation
To facilitate the learning process by supporting staff and students in an effective learning environment
- To provide direct support to teaching staff by maintaining and promoting lively working environment and practices.
- To work with and ensure that staff and students have access to specialist workshops, equipment and resources as required.
- To prepare and assist in activities ensuring all materials and equipment are prepared in readiness for practical sessions and retrieved after the activity has ceased.
- Maintain and repair specialist equipment and be responsible for the security of equipment and tools.
- To assist with the supervision of students working on project work.
- Be flexible in supporting the sections requirements and cross college tasks.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Be responsible for ordering materials and resources using the college purchasing systems.
- Ensure consumables and material stocks are maintained at acceptable levels and ordered in a timely manner to ensure the smooth running and delivery of the curriculum.
- Ensure the facilities comply with HSE requirements at all times.
- Undertake Risk Assessments in line with college and departmental policy.
- Work across the Technology Centre when required, to support other Technicians work tasks.
- Maintain an up to date inventory of all tools, equipment and specialist resources.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £16916.82 - £18988.60 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 22nd September 2019
Use our online portal to apply