Student Wellbeing Coordinator
To implement and ensure delivery of an outstanding student wellbeing program based around the 5 Ways to Wellbeing and linked to College Strategic Intentions, ensuring our learners enjoy the social and personal development opportunities.
Help students to develop resilience and confidence and improve their understanding of both physical and mental health issues. Prepare them for their next steps and to get the support they need to achieve their ambitions and progress.
Be highly visible across both campuses, encouraging and supporting learners inspiring them to enhance their overall college experience.
- To plan and coordinate delivery of an annual Programme of events from conception to conclusion based on the 5 Ways to Wellbeing: related activities and campaigns that build students awareness and resilience and promotes participation.
- Manage and coordinate the cross-college Calendar of Events which acknowledges national, international themes, days, weeks and college events.
- Lead on National and Local Awareness events.
- Working collaboratively with Social Prescriber, Personal Development Co-Ordinator and Student Experience Practitioner to develop an exciting, innovative and inclusive program of activities across college teams.
- You will have excellent planning and organizational skills and will keep detailed records of activities. evaluations providing a regular review and evaluation report the impact of all activities and events based on the 5 ways to Wellbeing, College Strategic intentions, providing reports for SLT and to present to Governing body.
- Identify barriers to participation, support needs, safeguarding and welfare concerns and work with Safeguarding and Welfare team to provide support.
- Working collaboratively with all college teams, both Curriculum and Business Support to identify opportunities and increase participation in all activities taking place, monitor uptake and act to increase participation.
- Work closely with Marketing Team to identify and promote all college activities across all platforms to further increase participation.
- Work actively with groups of underrepresented students building positive relationships and understanding of their views and needs and act to meet these needs.
- Engage with local community organisations, agencies and services to build positive links and work to expand external opportunities available, build a portfolio of services, schemes, contacts and agencies to meet the needs of our learners.
- Work with college teams to promote, sometimes lead, one-off charity events and promotional activities.
- Proactively engage with students being visible around campus, encouraging them to develop themselves by being a positive role model.
- Assist with general learner activities including Open Events and Enrolment, support wider college to teams with their activities.
- Ensure all events, trips and activities planned are in accordance with College policies and agreed safety plans, including completing all required visit and events forms and risk assessments, also using College Online Events procedures.
- Record all activities and engagement on appropriate college systems ensuring ILP is up to date.
- Undertake training and CPD required for the role.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.