Student Safety Assistant (Multiple Positions Available)
To ensure learners are safe in college and to support their wellbeing and care.
To ensure learners, staff, visitors and college premises are safe and secure.
To ensure in the safety and security and care of College users and the protection of the facilities.
To contribute towards supporting the college’s zero tolerance of Sexually Harmful Behaviours and Peer on Peer abuse, identifying, challenging and reporting, being a role model.
- Patrolling common areas around campus, promoting positive behaviour, intervening to challenge bad behaviour and reporting student behaviour in line with college values.
- Supporting the management of incidents with the Safeguarding team including reviewing CCTV footage in the event of an incident. Completing incident forms as required.
- Maintaining the health, safety and welfare of College employees, learners, visitors and customer by controlling and managing student behaviour, preventing unauthorised access, removing trespassers from the premises, protecting people from harm/injury, hazard spotting and reporting, removing hazards that may cause harm to others, coordinating safe evacuations, supporting the implementation of policies e.g. no smoking policy.
- Provide good customer service to College staff, students, visitors and customers, by assisting with queries, providing direction, supporting the enrolment process, supporting staff to manage student behaviour in the classroom.
- Patrolling the College grounds and buildings to provide a visible and a reassuring presence. Protecting the College assets (buildings, cash, equipment, resources) from malicious damage or theft.
- Being available to search students for prohibited items, in accordance with the College’s search protocol.
- Support the college in ensuring that students and staff display their college ID badge at all times.
- Watching for unauthorised visitors on site, challenging if it is safe to do so and reporting as necessary.
- To liaise as necessary with emergency services when required.
- Monitor driving and parking on campus and address dangerous driving incidents, recording details of illegal, dangerous and inconsiderate parking on campus, carparks and around the environment.
- Representing the College within the local community, liaising in a constructive manner with local residents, and ensuring that students are not causing a nuisance outside the College.
- Contributing to the elimination of unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation; advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Support the process of regular Fire Alarm testing as specified in testing procedures, under the instruction of Health and Safety.
- Any other duties as reasonably directed by the college.
SALARY SCALE: £25,563.39 pro rata per annum i.e. £22,102.11 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 38 hours per week, Term Time only (40 weeks)
CLOSING DATE: 6th June 2022
Use our online portal to apply