Skills Development Coach (multiple roles available)
To work as a member of the English/Maths team to support small groups of learners who are resitting Maths and English at GCSE and FS level.
To provide dedicated in and out of class support for learners who have not achieved a grade four or above in their previous attempt at GCSEs to help them achieve and progress.
- To provide in and out of class support for learners in need of support with English/Maths through one-to-one and small group sessions to help learners achieve and progress.
- With guidance from the Maths and English staff, map resources to online learning and classroom-based activity.
- To enable students to overcome individual barriers to and to work on differentiated activities with identified groups.
- To maintain accurate records of work with students, which are updated, monitored and reviewed on a regular basis and to liaise, on a regular basis, with the designated line manager to report of progress with assigned students.
- Work closely with programme lecturers to review SMART targets with individual learners.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive learner tracking monitoring and support records, including the Individual Learning Plan, registers and support interventions.
- To help learners promote independent learning, build motivation and develop their study and organisational skills
- Work closely with the Retention and Improvement Officers to ensure learner attendance is consistently monitored and actioned in accordance with the attendance policy, to ensure learners are attending and exceeding the colleges 90% target.
- To actively promote and safeguard the welfare of learners
- To build effective positive relationships with learners and staff across the organisation
- To ensure key college policies are implemented effectively – in particular Safeguarding, Student Disciplinary, Anti Bullying, Harassment and Victimisation, Single Equality Scheme
- To actively participate in regular staff development sessions to update qualifications skills and knowledge
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
- Specialise in either Maths or English, GCSE and Functional Skills.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A POSITION PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV TO HR@HOPWOOD.AC.UK. PLEASE REVIEW THE “GUIDANCE FOR APPLICANTS” DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CV.
SALARY SCALE: £24,456.04 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 35 hours
CLOSING DATE: 9th February 2022