Senior Gym Instructor
To maintain control and act as a senior fitness advisor and acting supervisor within the sports facilities, at Hopwood Hall College. To assist in ensuring the facilities can function effectively and safely for both College and community usage. To ensure that all users enter the premises in accordance with laid down procedures and that a full and professional service is provided.
To undertake a wide range of duties, including use of till systems and booking management systems, supervisory cover in the absence of manager/supervisor, dealing with customer enquiries, stock control, cash handling, cleaning duties, health suite duties, delivery of classes Curricular and commercial and control of all indoor and outdoor sport facilities, and the moving and setting up of equipment as required. Including the development of enrichment programmes and initiatives.
- To provide a welcoming clean, safe and professional environment to all visitors. Including staff, students and the general public.
- To provide cover as “Acting Duty Supervisor” in the absence of the manager/supervisor in accordance with rota systems and daily duties including work experience control and safety of operations and systems
- To issue a safe fitness programme to each individual in correspondence with a signed health declaration, recommending appropriate exercise prescriptions and advice, so that members are physically able to participate in all activities.
- To provide practical sessions and supervisory cover in the absence of staff /tutors /supervisor or manager. .
- To assist in safeguarding the security of equipment, users and the building, including external areas, Grass fields by carrying out regular checks and risk assessments as directed by the supervisor or manager.
- To ensure implementation of all fire prevention procedures, and fire evacuation procedures are followed at all times.
- To provide first aid service as and when required to curriculum, staff and the general public.
- To effectively demonstrate, observe and evaluate members and staff to ensure they have a safe operational knowledge of the fitness suite and its equipment.
- To ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- To work in co-ordination with the Sports facility staff and to provide cover as necessary in the absence of staff.
- To be responsible for advice and support to members/general public and curriculum, appropriate to your skills and qualifications, including the directing of activities for users to prevent injury, misuse or damage to facilities.
- To maintain and process information using both computerised and manual records.
- To participate in a cleaning rota as designated by the centre manager including internal and external area’s and basic maintenance where necessary.
- To check and record daily floats at start and end of the shift including completion of summary sheets and the reconciliation of the monies in accordance with Hopwood Hall College financial regulations.
- The control and cleaning of all facilities including changing rooms, toilets, training rooms grass pitches external areas and Astroturf.at the sports Arena and sports Park and grass fields.
- To operate as a key holder in the opening and locking up of all area’s and facilities. Including alarms systems and barriers.
- To deal with enquiries face to face and by telephone concerning all activities of the Sports Arena and Sports Park.
- To provide a full reception service including all bookings, replacement of stock, operation of a computerised till and membership database. The issuing of receipts and keys, also to include the undertaking of counter sales as and when required.
- To undertake in-house and other training in order to maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of designated Fitness Centre systems and procedures, and contribute to improvements in service levels.
- Assembling, dismantling and moving of equipment.
- To play a full part in the “life of the college and community”, to support its mission, ethos and help in the development and delivery of enrichment Programmes and/or participation and delivery of classes and activities in the absence of tutors. To deliver practical sessions and to support curricular classes, Out of term holiday clubs, Competitions and community cohesion projects and similar as designed by the Centre Manager.
- To help develop the work experience Programme and mentor and assess in line with key directives of the college.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
Hopwood Hall College is an equal opportunities employer. Our values are underpinned by equality, diversity and inclusion for all. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Being an inclusive workplace means we ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and flourish as part of our team irrespective of their age, gender, race, sexuality, religion or belief, disability, gender reassignment or marital status. We respect and value our differences and aim to bring out the best in people by creating a culture where everyone feels included and appreciated.
We are a Disability Confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £10,663.10 per annum i.e. £19,192.05 pro rata per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 20 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 2nd April 2023
Click here for the role description
- Use our online portal to apply
We’ve seen so many creative projects come to life this week for EcoFest! This display from our Health & Social Car… https://t.co/rpEa6EHmu3
The March issue of Business Link is out NOW! It’s full of helpful information on staff training opportunities, re… https://t.co/tBX3jYSdwf
Registration has now closed for TODAY'S Open Event. Haven't registered? Don't worry, we’d still love to welcome yo… https://t.co/bz90ogHJNK
Our Health & Social Care students have thrown themselves into the spirit of EcoFest! They've created vibrant poste… https://t.co/TcHCqsIaol
Aged 19+ and looking to reap the rewards of returning to education? You won't want to miss our 'Access All Areas' O… https://t.co/sWDwuSHy7t
Have you read our new schools newsletter yet? It's the perfect way to start your weekend! If you're in Year 11 or… https://t.co/DttRfUjG15
We’re blown away by this eye-catching look created by Hairdressing student Paige Gannon for yesterday's competition… https://t.co/nd2UxFL6YP