Senior Catering Technician
To provide co-ordination and guidance within the education areas and catering outlets, whist undertaking supervisory duties ensuring an excellent service is provided to all customers.
- To supervise support staff to ensure the smooth and efficient running of commercial and educational areas and undertake an active role when required.
- To ensure excellent customer service is provided and delivered in all aspects of the departments commercial and educational areas
- Prepare promotional literature which meets the needs of the service, cleaning schedules and supervising the carrying out of duties allocated to staff.Re-allocating duties to respond to absences.
- To supervise and undertake as required the service and to be proactive in response to peaks in customer demands
- To devise and monitor staff rotas/work schedules, and reschedule / relocate staff as required by the business. To take a hands on approach as required to ensure excellent customer service is delivered to all stakeholders
- To review staff performance and assist in identification of staff development needs in response to regulation
- To follow correct procedure in compliance with company policy whilst cash handling.
- To record and report on all class costs, and liaise with line managers if high cost values are requested to seek approval
- Undertake and review risk assessments and ensure all working practices are compliant with legislation eg COSHH, Safer food better business, and report on servicing and malfunction of electrical equipment/Building maintenance issues and keep documentary evidence.
- To be proactive oversee and undertake Food storage, Stock rotating and Stock taking to comply with legislation. To safely collect & deliver food produce from classes etc to the correct areas.
- Toco-ordinate and deliver where appropriate staff training & development inc staff induction and liaise with line manager report month end stock takes in accordance with college policies and procedures
- To report month end stock takes in accordance with college policies and procedures
- To construct and deconstruct food trolleys and equipment required for educational classes
- To support tutors and assist with supervising and coaching students undertaking work experience within the catering outlets experience
- To ensure accurate portion control, quality & counter service is standardised and delivered at all times
- To supervise and undertake where necessary regular cleaning of all equipment and work areas within the catering outlets
- To facilitate the hospitality requirements and events and engage with extra college activities as required
- To effectively and efficiently use all equipment and products to minimise waste in order to create an efficient working environment
- To ensure continuous development and improvement of skills and professional knowledge
- To build and maintain effective team working relationships
- To promote greener working practices to support college recycling policies
- To ensure standard pricing & portion control are maintained across both campuses
SALARY SCALE: £17,829.70 - £21,507.16 per annum, pro rata
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 24th February 2020
Use our online portal to apply