Retention and Improvement Officer
To be an integral part of both the Student Support and Curriculum Management teams in proactively supporting the achievement of high levels of attendance from students and taking immediate action to deal with absence.
To monitor attendance data and follow up with students / parents / carers to check the reasons for absence and to encourage improved attendance where needed
- To contribute to the overall improvement of student attendance putting in place interventions to meet college attendance targets.
- To monitor and report on issues relating to attendance and retention of a caseload of students
- To take an active role in improving the retention of students, including following up on attendance issues, supporting students in removing barriers to attendance and advising academic staff in ways to support their students
- To facilitate the “catching up” of learning missed due to attendance issues
- Refer to the pastoral team to provide pastoral care and remove barriers to accessing learning
- To telephone students and or their parents / guardians, and report accurately on absence or absence patterns and accurately record these on the learners ILP
- To make direct contact with students by visiting class, team meetings, other meetings and home visits to ascertain reasons for absence
- To provide cover in the refectories over lunch.
- To identify and report on non-compliance with attendance and college procedures
- To undertake training as required for the role
- To liaise with the curriculum management team, English and Maths team, safeguarding team and Progress Tutors on retention and attendance issues and promote strategies for improving attendance
- To support in parents evenings and college events
- To record withdrawal and destination information
- To provide reports to SLT/ Programme Manager and Centre Director on attendance and retention data.
SALARY SCALE: Scale point 21 - £19,527.32 pro rata per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 14 hours per week - Term Time Only
CLOSING DATE: 16th July 2020
Use our online portal to apply