- Operate black and white and colour copiers, large format printers and associated finishing equipment such as wire/comb binders, guillotine, collator, stapler, paper drill etc.
- Produce work according to specification and on schedule including the booking in/out of work and the packaging and delivery of completed work.
- Maintain minimum stock levels of related consumables such as toner, staples and paper.
- Share printing knowledge and train members of the team to operate printing and finishing equipment
- Raise purchase orders and internal recharges through in-house financial software
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure best price on all consumables
- Provide printing quotes for both internal and external clients
- Ensure that Design and Print Unit equipment is kept clean and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Monitor and produce completed work to a high standard and in the most cost effective way.
- Operate equipment safely and in accordance with the operating manuals and to adhere to all health and safety procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Copyright rules.
- Deal with enquiries from customers both face to face and on the telephone.
- Work accurately, often under pressure, to tight deadlines.
- Record and report copier breakdowns, escalating recurring issues to the manufacturer
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.