To manage the College’s capital investment projects in line with the Estates Strategy. Construction, Refurbishment and redevelopment schemes are proposed for both Rochdale and Middleton sites. Other duties will include leading on specific projects within the corporate services department.
- The principle duty will be the Project Management of college projects, both new build and refurbishment. The post holder will act as the liaison point between the client base and the design team, to gather information, to develop the brief and to act as the College contact during the procurement and construction process.
Project Management -
- To project manage large capital improvement projects, ensuring a timely and successful delivery of the programmes, in line with the college’s Estate Strategy and departmental requirements.
- To work with internal/external capital project teams and consultants to develop the brief, ensure that the strategy for project implementation is realistic and successful, attend site and project meetings, monitor progress and ensure corrective action is taken. Monitor and resolve any health and safety issues with the project team, consultants or contractor as required.
- To maintain positive health and safety working conditions and to assist the colleges Health and Safety Officer regarding all construction and occupational health and safety matters arising from project activity.
- To ensure the production of record drawings of projects for integration into the AutoCAD archive together with appropriate data for entry in the asset register.
Management Reporting -
- To provide timely and effective management reports for the Head of Facilities and the Senior Leadership Team. Preparing reports and updates to internal staff groupings and also to the College’s governing body, the Corporation.
- To ensure effective inclusion and handover of projects to the colleges Technical Services Manager and Health and Safety Officer.
- To deputise for the Corporate Services Department in the absence of the Head of Facilities and the Technical Services Manager.
Management of Decant Programmes -
- As required, to manage a decant programme including both on-site and off-site temporary accommodation. To manage internal fit outs and furniture installation in conjunction with the Technical Services Manager and Head of Facilities
- To contribute and develop both internal and external communication strategies to ensure full consultation and communication of project priorities (assisted by the Marketing department).
- To engage with the wider management groups to ensure good communications, gather information and elicit recommendations for the programme.
- To manage the preparation of briefs with client departments, preparing drawings and outline specifications in order to brief external consultants or to gain appreciation of the departmental requirements and the proposals.
- To assist Marketing raise project awareness by providing information about the progress of capital projects.
- To work with the College’s consultants/ design teams, ensure contract structures, tendering and procurement is undertaken according to Colleges financial regulations. To carry out contract administration ensuring appropriate records are maintained and settlement of final accounts is completed (liaising with external consultants and College financial staff as appropriate). Provide regular financial updates to the Head of Facilities and the Senior Leadership Team.
General Corporate Services Projects -
- To assist or lead in other projects undertaken by the Corporate Services Department including minor capital projects, contract reviews, or estates projects (such as introducing a new building services, minor space remodels or implementation of an environment & sustainability policy and strategy).
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A POSITION PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV TO HR@HOPWOOD.AC.UK. PLEASE REVIEW THE “GUIDANCE FOR APPLICANTS” DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CV.
SALARY SCALE: MS3 - £41,978.14
HOURS OF DUTY: 37 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 23rd May 2021