Progress Tutor - Business
To be responsible for supporting the retention, progress, achievement and progression of a cohort of learners through group tutorials and additional one to one reviews were required. To provide support through themes including employability, personal development, social and welfare.
- Facilitate the tutorial activity planned and designed in the tutorial planner.
- To manage a specific case load of learners and their programmes to ensure successful completion of their studies.
- Work with learners on a one-one basis to monitor their progress of the holistic programme of study through regular reviews to ensure, learners progress successfully into further employment, education and/or training
- Work with learners on a one to one basis to monitor and update ProMonitor in conjunction with the tutorial planner, setting targets and reviewing progress in conjunction with technical & professional tutors, English and maths and other College staff
- Work closely with programme tutors to review SMART targets with individual learners.
- Support learners to achieve high levels of retention, progress, achievement and progression.
- Communicate, as required, with staff, parents/guardians and employers/external agencies, within limits of GDPR, regarding the progress of individual learners.
- To contribute to the college’s strategy for increasing Value Added by ensuring that academic targets are suitably stretching according to prior attainment and MEGs, and by monitoring learners’ progress towards attaining and preferably exceeding them through group tutorial and one to one sessions.
- Monitor that learners are uploading assessments in accordance with their assessment deadlines and follow up on learners that have outstanding submissions, working with technical/professional staff to ensure support strategies are implemented to support the learners.
- Work closely with the Retention and Improvement Officers to ensure learner attendance is consistently monitored and actioned in accordance with the attendance policy, to ensure learners are attending and exceeding the colleges 90% target.
- Work closely with the safeguarding team to pass on any pastoral, welfare and safeguarding concerns
- To maintain the Individual Learning Plan and ensure accurate and comprehensive learner tracking monitoring and support records,
- To attend EHCP Review meetings and carry out PEPs (Personal Educational Plans) for Looked after learners
- Co-ordinate the coverage of unplanned activity including, Employability and Entrepreneurial activity, learner involvement and enrichment participation within designated areas and contribute to additional curriculum activities as appropriate
- To contribute to the development of cross college tutorial resources, including on Its Learning
- To facilitate iLearn sessions for Level Two and Level Three learners.
- To promote learner voice activities to learners to encourage participation and ensuring the election of learner reps.
- Contribute to the overall quality assurance (QA)of ProMonitor and progress reviews and contribute to other curriculum quality assurance procedures as necessary
- Attend regular programme team meetings and internal/external CPD sessions to support development, professional knowledge, skills and abilities
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required
SALARY SCALE: Scale point 29 - £25,234.74 pro rata per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 18 hours per week - Term Time Only with flexible opportunities in the future
CLOSING DATE: 22nd July 2020
Use our online portal to apply