Occupational Health Advisor
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Occupational Health Advisor to join a forward-thinking and innovative Human Resources Team on a part-time, permanent basis. You will contribute to the Occupational Health and Wellbeing Service and play a key role with the ongoing development of the company and service provision to our staff. This role involves interaction with all staff and the successful candidate will assume full responsibility for the clinical delivery of OH services provided to their customers. This is a standalone role so we are looking for a robust, experienced nurse to join our team.
You will be based at our Middleton Campus, however you will be required to visit the Rochdale campus for appointments.
You will undertake a range of services including weekly clinics providing the following services on site:
- Provide an excellent Occupational Health service for the college, developing and delivering all aspects health and well-being.
- Provide advice, guidance and where required counselling to managers and employees on all aspects of health and well-being.
- Develop and implement health related policies and procedures which are in line with current employment law, best practice and reflective of the College’s strategic directions.
- Support Managers to ensure that long term and persistent short term absence issues are resolved effectively. Formulate rehabilitation programmes and return to work strategies and liaise with legal advisors and other medical professionals where necessary.
- Contribute to the development of line managers’ health-related people management skills through coaching and support.
- Help to identify health and fitness for work issues at an early stage.
- Work closely with the Health and Safety Manager and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and minimising health related hazards for employees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate external organisations to maximise the benefits to the college and it’s employees
- Monitor the health of employees after accidents, illness and during and after pregnancy.
- To ensure the Occupational Health data on the HR system is utilised to produce effective management information for absence monitoring and reporting.
- Develop and deliver health and well-being programmes.
- Be an active member of the Human Resources team and actively contribute to project teams as either the project leader or a team member as applicable.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required
Registered Nurse qualification. (RGN or RMN - No Restrictions)
Must have own vehicle
Occupational Health qualification ideally recorded on part 3 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
Able to work as an independent & autonomous Occupational Health Advisor.
A good team player who possesses effective communication & relationship building skills.
A pro-active & motivated person who endeavours all types of challenges.
SALARY SCALE: £34,034.34 pro rata per annum i.e. £14,182.11 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 15 hours per week (2/3 days)
Closing Date: 31st May 2022
Use our online portal to apply