Multi Skilled Facilities Operative
Provide a professional and cost-effective service and solutions to the College campuses.
You will be a competent semi-skilled person and be able to cover a variety of tasks which will include painting and decorating, tiling, joinery, plumbing, heating, ceiling, doors, window and a variety of other repairs and have a good general knowledge of electrical systems.
- Carry out painting and decorating as requested.
- Carry out all types of joinery repairs, ironmongery repairs, door and window repairs.
- Carry out plumbing repairs such as leaks, blockages, new installations as required.
- Carry out tiling repairs / replacement.
- Carry out repairs to leaks, loose radiators etc on heating systems.
- Carry out minor brickwork repairs.
- Re-level / replace loose / broken paving flags.
- Replacement of damaged suspended ceiling tiles / ceiling grid.
- Fit replacement light tubes / bulbs / LED panels as required.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times and free from any hazards.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations at all times
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Work under own initiative and decisions to ensure correct measures are taken to resolve issues.
- To effectively develop, train and manage the Facilities Apprentice.
- Assist Facilities Operatives in their work tasks when required.
- Be flexible to cover the Facilities Operatives early / late shifts as requested (to cover annual leave).
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £24,446.71 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 6th April 2020
Use our online portal to apply