MIS & Exams Manager
To manage the provision of high quality Planning, Timetabling, ILR, Funding and Analysis / Reporting services, working in conjunction with the Executive Director of Planning, Performance & Information.
To be accountable for the technical administration of MIS applications and systems.
To develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the requirements of regulatory bodies with regard to examinations in order to provide a comprehensive and efficient service.
To line-manage the MIS and Exams teams.
- To oversee and co-ordinate the technical and analytical services of learner information and data.
- To cultivate, develop and maintain effective, supportive working relationships with all users of the service, and to promote the service to all users.
- To be responsible for ensuring auditable systems exist and operate with regard to the processing of all learner data.
- To develop and maintain an expert knowledge of the various funding methodologies, and provide relevant training to staff as required.
- To ensure that staff are suitably trained to allow for flexible deployment within the Directorate
- To lead on Customer Service excellence within your area, and ensure it becomes embedded.
- To keep abreast of developments relating to MI software and ensure these are accounted for in the planning process.
- To work with the Executive Director of Planning, Performance & Information to ensure a cohesive MI Strategy is developed and implemented.
- To contribute to management discussions and decisions related to the MIS software solutions used in the college.
- To oversee examinations including the direct line management of the exams team.
- To implement and operate auditable procedures with regard to the security of all examination material, and the processing of all learner data.
- To manage the planning, compilation and input of examination entries, exams timetabling, accommodation, concession and results data. Distribute / publish to relevant parties (including examining bodies, learners, colleagues and others.)
- To lead the on-going development of relevant systems, including reports and dashboards, ensuring they meet the needs of customers, and to promote their usage within the college.
- To liaise with IT staff and external suppliers / contractors and plan effectively to ensure system ‘down-time’ is minimised, and systems’ performance is optimised.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- To build, develop and effectively manage the team using the college’s performance management system to ensure high performance and business efficiency
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A POSITION PLEASE SEND A COPY OF YOUR CV TO HR@HOPWOOD.AC.UK. PLEASE REVIEW THE “GUIDANCE FOR APPLICANTS” DOCUMENT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CV.
SALARY SCALE: MS3 - £41,978.14
HOURS OF DUTY: 37 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 10th May 2021