Lecturer - Health & Social Care (Part Time)
To take an active role in the delivery of quality programmes within the Curriculum area.
- To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
- To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
- To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
- To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
- To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
- To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
- To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
- To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
- To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
- To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
- To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
- Applicants must have the Assessors Award (A Award/7307)
- Hopwood Hall College actively promotes the value of diversity and welcomes and encourages job applicants from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applicants from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates. We would also welcome applicants from LGB and Trans and non-binary candidates. We are a disability confident employer and have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in the job description.
SALARY SCALE: £17,140 per annum i.e. £34,281 per annum pro rata per annum plus Golden Hello
HOURS OF DUTY: 17.5 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 28th June 2022
Use our online portal to apply