Lecturer - Health & Social Care
To take an active role in the delivery of quality programmes within the Curriculum area.
- 1. To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
- 2. To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the college
- 3. To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
- 4. To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
- 5. To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
- 6. To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
- 7. To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
- 8. To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
- 9. To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
- 10. To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
- 11. To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
- 12. To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
- 13. To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
- 14. To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
- 15. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- 16. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: £23,738.54 - £32,784.03 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 17th April 2020
Holiday Entitlement: 53 days plus bank holidays
Use our online portal to apply