Lecturer - Games Development
Hopwood Hall College is a leading Games Development College within Greater Manchester with high success rates and excellent progression onto University.
We are seeking a well-motivated, enthusiastic, experienced teacher with a range of specialist skills who is able to deliver effective, inspirational teaching and learning across a range of Games courses at FE and HE. You will carry out appropriate assessment activities including marking student work, designing and setting assessments and producing learning resources for a virtual learning environment and would also be expected to engage in enterprise and recruitment activities with local schools and the community.
Areas of specific expertise to include practical games development techniques within Game Maker Studio, Unity and/or Unreal Engine, critical and contextual approaches to game building and narrative and asset creation. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject, together with a teaching qualification, for example CertEd or PGCE. You will need to be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can engage with students to ensure they can reach their full potential.
- To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
- To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
- To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
- To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
- To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
- To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
- To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
- To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
- To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
- To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
- To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
- To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
- To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.